Retail Radar: Suggestions For Your Retail Map
I created a retail roundup, a public Twitter list that brings together the many facets of the retail industry ecosystem. Think of it as my retail radar for scanning retailing, technology and innovation. I leverage this list extensively to stay current, find research and uncover case studies to help add color to my customer experience blog series.
By no means is this retail radar list comprehensive and complete but it’s a good starting point for anyone interested in keeping tabs on retailing events, expert opinions, analysts, vendor specific retail practices, analytics and industry publications.
Here are some of my favorite go-to retail specific Twitter handles.
- National Retail Federation @NRFNews
- World Retail Congress @WorldRetail
- Retail Business Technology Expo @RBTExpo
- Doug Stephens is the author of “The Retail Revival” and advisor on mega-trends in retail and consumerism @RetailProphet
- Read the book review.
- Jason “Retailgeek” Goldberg @RetailGeek VP of Commerce Strategy at Razorfish
- Paul Schottmiller @RetailForesight Retail Strategy Consultant, Cisco Systems
- Steven P Dennis @StevenPDennis Senior multi-channel retail executive and strategic growth and marketing advisor. Former SVP @NeimanMarcus
Analysts and Consultants:
- Accenture Retail @AccentureRetail and home of Seamless Retail
- Insights into Millennial Shopping Behavior Patterns includes 3 videos about millennial shopping myths
- RSR Analysts @RSRresearch Retail Systems Research (“RSR”) is a research company run by retailers for the retail industry.
- Leslie Hand – IDC Retail Insights Research Director @LeslieHand
- IDC’s “Retail Insights Predictions 2013” webinar
- Jeff Roster – Gartner analyst focusing on understanding the technology retailers use & the vendors that make it @JeffPR
- Deloitte On Technology – focus on emerging technologies @DeloitteOnTech
Vendor Specific Retail Practices:
SAP Retail @SAP_Retail
- Oracle Retail @OracleRetail
- Motorola Solutions @MotoRetail
- Microsoft Retail @MSretail
- IBM Retail @IBMretail
- HP Retail @HP_Retail
- Cisco Retail Team @CiscoRetail
- Feel The Heat With Presence via Cisco Meraki blog
Analytics and Social Login:
- Euclid Analytics @EuclidAnalytics
- Nomi @GetNomi
- Nearbuy Systems @NearbuySystems
- Retail Next @RetailNext
Gartner Says Half of New Retail Customer Identities Will Be Based on Social Network Identities by 2015.
Retail Industry News:
- RIS News Insights @RISnewsinsights
- 23rd Annual Retail Technology Study  via RIS News
- Retail Industry Leaders Association @RILAtweets
- Retail Week @RetailMag
- My-Retail Media @myretailmedia
- Mobile Commerce Daily @mCommerceDaily
I hope you’ll enjoy these 31 Twitter handle suggestions and the others featured on my Retail Radar list. Who would you add to the list?