Did you have a slip of the key? Perhaps it was an accidental tweet, an unfortunate typo or a well-meaning but poorly worded Facebook post? Email sent (OMG). Maybe the brewing crisis originated from outside issues such as a customer complaint or an economic, political or a natural disaster.
Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them. Bruce Lee
Marketing Cloud: Intro to Social Listening featuring Cisco’s @LaSandraBrill (video 8min-33min)
Using Hashtags Haphazardly Can Be Detrimental to Your Twitter Presence | via @socialmedia2day
Simply Providing Social Tools = Failure
- A “provide and pray” approach has about a 90% failure rate
- Radical benefits result from delivering social solutions
- A social media solution is the right tools targeted at a defined purpose
Source: “Taking a Strategic Approach to Social Media”, Gartner Research Webinar by Carol Rozwell and Nick Gall
Not-So-Happy-Meal: Does McDonald’s owe University of Toronto computer engineering professor Steve Mann an epic apology?
- Not-So-Happy-Meal: Cyborg Discrimination? Scientist Says McDonald’s Staff Tried To Pull Off His Google-Glass-Like Eyepiece, Then Threw Him Out | via Forbes
- Augmented Reality Explorer Steve Mann Assaulted At Parisian McDonald’s | via TechCrunch
- Why McDonald’s Canada Social-Media Success Worked for U.S. | via Advertising Age
What are your worst marketing mistakes? Don’t be afraid to share … we all make them