A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Posted on August 13th2012 by Lina Arseneault
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge and they are extremely popular of late.
To round out my Social Media Blunder series, I am featuring an infographic by Patricia Redsicker of www.wordviewediting.com. How to Avoid A Social Media Crisis [Infographic] characterizes Jeremiah Owyang’s work on social business hierarchy of needs.
Altimeter Blog: “Research Report: Be Prepared by Climbing the Social Business Hierarchy of Needs“ by Jeremiah Owyang | Download the complete report. August 31, 2011
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure
Now more than ever, it’s important for companies to listen to their customers on social media yet according to an infographic from Get Satisfaction and Column Five, 50 percent of companies say it’s not a core function of their business. With the rise of power to the consumer via social media, companies will need to invest in listening.
“United Breaks Guitars” is a protest song by CanadianmusicianDave Carroll and his band, Sons of Maxwell. It chronicles a real-life experience of how his guitar was broken during a trip on United Airlines in 2008, and the subsequent reaction from the airline. Over 12 million people have watched the YouTube video.
Listening: Recognition Through Active Monitoring
- Whether you take this on yourself or entrust it to a reputation management firm, it’s essential for you to know when trouble is brewing.
- Listen all the time, not only on weekdays.
More on “listening” via @LaSandraBrill, Senior Manager Social Media at Cisco : [SlideShare] Cisco and the Social Web: Listening and Responding to Your Customers and Prospects
More on Infographics
- Infographics Are Not a Social Media Strategy via @pandodaily
- How to Build — and Keep — an Engaged Audience [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Forget demographics. It’s all about the socialgraphics - via @markwschaefer
- 6 Fantastic #Facebook Marketing Infographics via @jeffbullas
- Social Media Marketing – 10 Inspiring Infographics via @jeffbullas
- Best Infographic
Social media is reinventing how business is done – via USATODAY.com
- OOPS : Best of Social Media Blunders
- Recovering from a Social Media Gaffe
- Blended Communications for Better Social Media Crisis Management
- Elton is Right: Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
- Coping with Natural and Social Media Disasters
- TV Talk Show Host Caught in Double Whammy Twitter Gaffe
- Become the Frog Prince of Social Media in 5 Easy Steps
Cafélina uses Royalty free images